Gnocchi is our family favourite, especially on days when we want something speedy. The best part of this dish is the super delicious green pesto sauce that’s prepared in a pouring consistency. To prepare the sauce, blend:
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A small green chilli, optional
- 1/3 cup water.
You’ll require just 1/3 cup of this sauce.
To prepare the dish:
- 1 cup gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 broccoli florets
- 1/4 edamame beans (can substitute with peas)
- 1/3 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup sauce prepared above
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- Dried basil, lemon juice, salt and paprika for seasoning, optional
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the greens. Once they are soft, add 1/3 cup of sauce prepared above and give it a boil.
- Mix in the gnocchi and grated cheese. Add seasonings and serve.