Give this pasta a try and you’ll want more and more! Pasta cooked in fresh and well seasoned tomato sauce with not just 1 or 2 but 6 vegetables and finished off with chia seeds ! I mean how healthy is that !
1. 2 fresh tomatoes
2. 2 cloves of garlic
3. Dried Italian herbs
4. 1 cup of mixed vegetables. I used red and yellow peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, grated courgette and a single leftover asparagus
5. 2 cups of cooked pasta
6. 1/2 cup grated cheese. I used cheddar
7. 1 tsp chia seeds for garnish
8. 1 tsp chopped parsley for garnish, optional
9. Olive oil to cook
10. Salt to taste
1. Piece holes with a fork on tomatoes and microwave for 2-4 minutes. Discard skin and mash the pulp.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry garlic and dried herbs. Add in tomato pulp and salt and let it cook for 3 minutes
3. Add the veggies and cook until soft. It takes about 7 minutes.
4. Add pasta and grated cheese. Save some grated cheese for garnish.
5. Finish off with chia seeds, cheese and chopped parsley.
This is one the best dishes to make when you have some mixed bits of leftover veggies. I’m sure you’re planning to make this so do tag me in your creations.