I’m so excited to write this recipe because I’m sure you’re going to love this ! Super soft, mildly spiced and perfect with just a salad, these parathas will be a big hit with your whole family ! I’m jumping straight away to the recipe!
1. 2 cups whole wheat flour. If you don’t have wheat flour, you can make it with self raising flour too.
2. 1/2 cup yogurt
3. Water to knead dough
4. 2 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves. You can use finely chopped fresh herbs like coriander, mint or a mix of both.
5. 1 tsp turmeric
6. 1 tbsp chilli powder
7. 1 tbsp garam masala
8. Salt to taste
9. 1 tbsp oil
10. Butter/ghee/oil to cook
1. Mix all of the ingredients listed from 1 to 8 above to make a smooth and non sticky dough. Knead it well for atleast 8-10 minutes so that the dough is soft and spices are well mixed.
2. Drop a tbsp of oil and rub it all over the dough. Cover and rest for atleast 15 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into balls. Flatten each ball on floured surface and roll into a big circle. Pop some butter/ghee/oil and a sprinkle a pinch of flour.
4. Fold the circle from one side to the other to make a semi circle and do another fold to make it into a triangle. Roll it again to make a thin paratha.
5. Cook on both sides in a medium hot pan with a bit of ghee/butter/oil. Tastes good as it is or with a side or raitha and salad.