I have tried many different versions of pasta and this one is my favourite. It’s creamy (although there’s no cream), has 3 vegetables, so cheesy and so delicious.
1. 3 cups cooked pasta
2. 1 cup grated cheese
3. 2 cups chopped vegetables. I used red and yellow peppers and mushrooms
4. 1/2 onion, finely chopped
5. 1 tbsp tomato paste, optional
6. Dried Italian herbs
7. 350 ml milk
8. Paprika to taste
9. Salt to taste
10. 2 tbsp butter
11. 2 tbsp flour
1. Heat butter in a pan and fry onions. Add the flour, pepper and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
2. Add in tomato paste and milk and reduce the heat. Let the milk come to a boil and thicken due to the addition of flour. It’s best to do this in low heat.
3. Add in the grated cheese, paprika and herbs. Once it thickens more and boils well, add cooked pasta and salt.
4. Gently sauté it so that the pasta doesn’t break. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh parsley and serve.