Last night I made onion parathas for adults and used the same filling to make these for Tara. Toasted in butter, filled with a delicious spiced onion mixture, this is a must try. You can also add grated veggies and cheese but this time I kept it simple.
1. 6 mini tortilla
2. 1 large onion, finely chopped
3. 1 small tomato, finely chopped
4. 1 tsp turmeric
5. 1 tsp chilli powder/to taste
6. 1/2 tsp ground coriander
7. 1/2 tsp ground cumin
8. Oil to cook the mixture
9. 2 tbsp sesame seeds
10. 1 minced garlic pod
11. Salt to taste
12. Chaat masala, butter and coriander for garnish
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry garlic and onions. Once translucent, add tomatoes, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander, cumin and salt.
2. Add sesame seeds cook until the mixture is soft.
3. Spread the mixture on tortilla and place another on top. Brush with butter and cook in a pan until slightly crispy.
4. Garnish with coriander and chaat masala once done and serve.