Saturday is our Pancakes day and this time I went with my favourite flavours, saffron and cardamom. These pancakes are soft, delicious and eggs free. They taste like a dream! Cardamom is a beautiful spice with seeds in a green pod. They have a beautiful and strong flavour.
1. 1/4 buckwheat flour (can use regular flour too)
2. 1/2 tsp baking powder
3. 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 2 tbsp water for 10 minutes
4. Pinch of vanilla essence
5. 1/2 cup milk
6. 1 tbsp melted butter for pancakes mix
7. 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
8. Small pinch of saffron, optional
9. Butter to cook
10. Syrup to drizzle
1. Mix all the ingredients listed from 1-8 and give it a good whisk to make a smooth lump free pancakes batter.
2. Cook in a pan with butter and serve with syrup and fruits.