Oh these bliss balls are heavenly. It’s full of flavours from my home, India. It tastes exactly like Indian dessert. Full of nuts, subtle hind of cardamom and cream because well, it’s inspired by Indian desserts, these bliss balls are not like the regular bliss balls.
1. 2 tsp butter
2. 1/2 cup oats
3. 3 tbsp walnuts
4. 3 tbsp hazelnuts (you can use any nuts like almonds, cashews etc.)
5. 1 tbsp sugar, optional.
6. 1 tbsp cream
7. Pinch of cardamom powder/1 cardamom (follow tip below)
1. Heat butter and fry the nuts until golden.
2. Add in oats and cardamom powder and sauté for 1 minute. If you’re using whole cardamom, sauté it but before blitzing, crush it and use half. Store the other half for later use. Cardamom has a strong flavour so use it carefully.
3. Switch off heat and add sugar. Once it cools down, add cream and blitz well. The nuts will release oil and it’ll become one whole mass. In case it doesn’t, add some cream. If it’s too gooey, add some oats.
4. Roll into balls and serve.