This is the easiest saag paneer ever! It’s a hybrid of Palak paneer and regular saag paneer. Minimal prep, full of nutrition plus some cheeky full fat cream for that next level taste and texture! This tastes excellent with naan, chapati and rice.
1. 250 grams paneer
2. 400 grams spinach
3. 1 onion, finely chopped
4. 2 cloves of garlic
5. A small piece of ginger
6. 2 bay leaves
7. Pinch of cinnamon powder
8. 1 tsp turmeric
9. 1 tsp Chilli powder, optional
10. 3 tbsp cream
11. Salt to taste
12. 3 tbsp butter
13. 1 tsp cumin seeds
14. 1/2 tsp garam masala
1. Heat butter in a pan and fry ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, cinnamon and bay leaf.
2. Add finely chopped onions, salt, turmeric, chilli powder and garam masala. Cook until onions are golden.
3. Add in the spinach. Cook until spinach is mushy and completely cooked. Use a hand masher to mash the spinach well. Do not use a blender as the taste may change. You can use some water if it sticks to the pan.
4. Once spinach is mushy and well cooked, add paneer and cream.
5. Loosen the curry with a splash of water and let it boil for 5-8 minutes.
6. Serve with rice, chapati or naan.
You can substitute paneer with tofu and ignore the cream to make it vegan. Such a delicious one pot meal that serves the whole family! Do try this recipe and let me know if you liked it!