If there’s one dish that’s Tara’s absolute favourite, it’s this! Slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, these curried potatoes are a perfect side with dhal, rice and chapati. They go well with yoghurt to dip dip too.
- 500 grams small potatoes
- Oil to cook
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp split yellow peas, optional
- 1 tsp split urad dhal, optional.
𝘞𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘴 𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦’𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘴. 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘥𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦.
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- Boil potatoes until cooked, peel skin and keep aside. I boiled it in @instantpotofficial. Do not overcook the potatoes or they’ll fall apart and won’t remain a single unit.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and once they crackle, add split yellow peas.
- Throw in the potatoes and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Add salt and spice powders. Sauté and cook until potatoes are beautifully golden and crispy on top.
You can chop the potatoes after boiling but we prefer to keep it whole. Remember to cut into pieces or fingers for younger babies.