Yesterday was one of the busiest days I’ve had in a long time. I did a lot of cleaning, rearranged some important files, discarded unnecessary letters, sorted out and labelled the docs. By the time I was almost done, it was already 6:30 pm. I was too tired so I quickly chopped vegetables to prepare stir fry noodles and checked my pantry, only to realise there’s no noodles. I wanted to stick to the plan so I used spaghetti instead. I add a lot of flavour and vegetables in my noodles so replacing it with spaghetti didn’t impact the flavour. In fact, it tasted better because I find egg noodles eggy (sorry!).
- 3/4 cup spaghetti- break into pieces
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive oil to cook
- Handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 3 mangetout, sliced
- 2 mini peppers, sliced
- 3 whole spring onions, chopped
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- Chilli to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- A small piece of zucchini, chopped
- Heat oil in a wok and fry garlic and chilli. Once golden, add all the vegetables, soy sauce, salt and sugar. Sauté until cooked but slightly crunchy.
- Add the cooked spaghetti and sauté well. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.