So basically give me anything and I’ll curry it 🤪. Filled with a mildly spiced (this mama had 3 chopped up green chillies hidden in hers) sweet potato curry encased in a mini tortilla brushed with butter + spices and tossed in butter.. well let me jump to the recipe because it’ll instantly please you !
- 6 mini tortillas or 4 regular.
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Paprika or chilli powder to taste
- 1.5 tbsp curry powder
- Oil to fry
- 1 clove garlic
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave for 3 mins or until soft.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry garlic and cumin seeds. Add in onions and once cooked, add in the tomatoes.
- Add all the spice powders and salt. Throw in cooked sweet potatoes and sauté until combined and cooked. Finish off with coriander leaves and keep aside.
- In each tortilla, place/ spread the curry on one half, cover it with other half and seal with water.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tbsp melted butter with pinch of turmeric and curry powder. Brush on the tortillas. This will take your pies to the next level!
- In a pan, cook for a few seconds on each side with a bit of butter. Garnish with coriander and sesame seeds (optional).