Try these masala courgettes once and you’ll fall in love with them! Crispy on the outside and slightly soft when you bite into it, these masala courgettes are perfect as a snack/side! Add this in your next platter along with yogurt or a dip for a mildly spiced + healthy snack ! You can make them in a pan or bake in the oven !
- A courgette, sliced slightly thinly. Not too thin that it’ll lose its shape and not too thick that it won’t get cooked in the middle.
- Salt to taste, optional
- Paprika to taste
- Oil to cook
- 3 tbsp gram flour. Alternative: plain flour
- 3 tbsp Rice flour. Alternative: corn flour
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dry mango powder. Alternative: squeeze of fresh lemon juice after cooking
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- To sliced courgettes, add both the flours, spices and salt. Mix them well so that the courgettes are are well coated.
- Spread and cook on a pan with oil or spread on a baking sheet, drizzle oil and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 7-10 minutes or until golden.
If you’re going to use lemon juice, remember that the liquid will slightly reduce the crispiness, but nothing beats that beautiful lemon flavour when you bite into it !