Asparagus is a summer vegetable that’s loaded with anti oxidants. It’s tastes delicious in tarts, soups and simply roasting it along with other vegetables.
This asparagus soup is so delicious that you’ll want to have it all through summer. There’s flavours of garlic, shallots and dried Italian herbs. Addition of potatoes gives it that extra body and volume.
🥣 Serves an adult and a child
1. 7 asparagus
2. 2 cloves of garlic
3. Few shallots
4. 1 small potato, sliced
5. 1 green chilli, optional
6. Dried Italian herbs for seasoning
7. Paprika for seasoning
8. Splash of milk, optional
9. Cream for garnish, optional
10. 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Arrange asparagus, garlic, shallots, potatoes and chilli on a roasting pan and drizzle olive oil.
2. Roast in a preheated oven at 175 degree Celsius for 15 minutes or until done
3. Once cooled, add a splash of milk or water and blend until smooth.
4. Transfer to a saucepan, add seasonings and let it boil. The soup will become thick while boiling because of the potatoes. You can add water or milk to bring it to a consistency that you desire.
5. Finish off with cream. Adult mixed in some salt and pepper while having!
To make the rolls, I simply cut it in half, spread some cream cheese, slathered some leftover pesto and toasted in the oven for 5 minutes.