Before I write any further, Tara just had the breadsticks and nothing else, which is completely okay. She asked for “do chaai” (dosai), which is an indian savoury crepe.
Hummus served along with these fixings is a very filling meal, reason being chickpeas is an excellent source of protein and full of vitamins and minerals.
Hummus is so versatile that you can add flavours of your choice, like some roasted peppers, caramelised onions, greens or even avocado !
On this plate:
1. Carrot sticks
4. Herbed crispy tortilla
5. Red peppers
7. Chopped parsley for garnish
Recipe for Herbed crispy Tortilla
1. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the tortilla into triangles. Brush with olive oil.
2. Sprinkle some sesame seeds, sea salt and paprika for flavour.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 8-10 minutes. It’s crisp up better when slightly cooled.
Recipe for Hummus
Blend together until smooth:
1. 1 cup of cooked chickpeas or canned
2. Sea salt
3. 3 cloves of garlic
4. 2 tbsp tahini
5. 1 tbsp lemon juice
6. 1 tbsp cumin powder
7. 2 tbsp olive oil