Pulao is an all time favourite for Tara ! It’s such a great dish with beautiful flavours from spices and the best part is, it can be made with any vegetables that you have at home like carrot, green beans, peas, cauliflower etc. I made this in @drewandcoleuk multi cooker (yes I have this and an Instant Pot🙈). You can make it in a pan or a pressure cooker. I didn’t have any vegetables except potatoes so I just popped it in the multi cooker and went off for a quick vegetables shop.
1. 1 medium potato, chopped in chunks
2. 1 small onion, finely chopped
3. 1/4 cup coconut milk
4. 3/4 cup basmati rice
5. 1 tsp turmeric
6. Salt to taste
7. 1 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder (hence the beautiful colour)
8. Olive oil to sauté
9. Dry spices: a small cardamom, 2 cloves, a ting piece of cinnamon, a dried bay leaf and 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
10. 1 clove of garlic
11. 1 tbsp tomato paste/puree
12. 1 tsp coriander powder
13. 1 tsp cumin powder
1. Heat olive oil in the multi cooker and add in the dry spices. Roast for 2 minutes. Add in the garlic, onions and salt.
2. Sauté for few minutes. Add in the tomato purée, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander and cumin powder.
3. Once cooked, add in the potatoes and rice and coconut milk. Add water and cook until done.
💡 Tip: the amount of water needed to cook basmati rice varies from one brand of rice to another. Generally for one cup or basmati rice, 1.5 cups of water works well.