A one pot, super creamy mildly spiced paneer curry that’ll take your curry night to the next level. This is very simple to make and so delicious plus a great first curry to introduce spices to babies.
I did this curry in my Instant Pot. You can also make this is in a regular pan.
1. 300 grams paneer, chopped into chunks of triangles
2. 1 large onion, roughly chopped
3. 3 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
4. 1 clove of garlic
5. A small piece of ginger
6. Dry spices: 2 cardamoms, a bay leaf, a piece of cinnamon, 1 tsp fennel seeds and 2 cloves
7. 1 tsp Turmeric
8. 2 green chillies, optional. Can replace it with mildly spiced chilli powder
9. 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced, optional
10. 4 tbsp butter
11. 1/2 cup thick cream
12. Salt to taste
13. 1 tsp garam masala
14. 1/4 cup cashews, soaked in water
1. In Instant pot, use sauté function. Heat 2 tbsp butter and fry dry spices until fragrant.
2. Add in ginger, garlic and onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Throw in the tomatoes, cashews, chillies, turmeric and salt. Add some water if it starts there’s charring on the vessel.
4. Set it to pressure cook mode for 2 minutes and once the cooking process is done, the pressure settle. Once ready, blend it to a super smooth purée.
5. Set it to sauté function again. Add in the paneer, cream, garam masala and chopped red peppers.
6. After it comes to a nice boil, add in the remaining butter. Serve with rice or roti.