This one pot creamy potato curry tastes like a dream ! Cooked in coconut milk with spices and juicy tomatoes, this curry is a winner when served with rice or Naan. I made this curry in my Instant Pot and this is very easy to make in a pan.
1. 1 small onion, finely sliced
2. 2 fresh small tomatoes, puréed
3. 1 tbsp tomato purée
4. 2 large potatoes, diced
5. 1 cup coconut milk
6. 1 tsp turmeric powder
7. Few green chillies to taste
8. Salt to taste
9. 1 tbsp each minced ginger and garlic
10. Coriander to garnish
11. 2 tbsp butter to cook
12. 1 dried bay leaf
13. 1 tbsp madras curry powder
1. In Sauté mode of Instant Pot, heat butter. Fry green chillies, bay leaf, ginger and garlic and add in the onions. Sauté for a bit.
2. Add in the tomatoes, tomato purée, curry powder, salt and turmeric and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Throw in chopped potatoes and water just enough to cover the potatoes. Cook for 3 minutes in pressure cooker mode.
4. After the pressure settles, open the IP and add in the coconut milk. Let it simmer for a few minutes and garnish with coriander once done.