The person who invented the two ingredients dough is a big genius ! It’s so versatile, tasty and the possibilities to create recipes incorporating the dough is just endless.
Back home in India, this dish is very famous. I have way too many friends and I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like garlic bread ! In Pizza Hut and Dominoes pizza, this is a very famous side. I’ve never seen this in UK pizza outlets and I miss it so much ! Until today, when I realised this is very simple to make at home using the shortcut recipe.
1. 1 cup self raising flour
2. 1/2 cup Greek/thick yoghurt
3. 1 tsp baking powder
4. Pinch of salt
5. Grated cheese of your choice for stuffing
6. Homemade herbed butter – melt 4 tbsp butter and mix in 2-3 tbsp fresh crushed garlic, dried Italian herbs, paprika and garlic powder.
1. Prepare the dough for the bread by kneading self raising flour, baking powder, salt and yoghurt. Usually the proportion of flour to yoghurt is 2:1 but you might need lesser yoghurt so add it in stages so you don’t get a sticky dough. If it’s sticky, add more flour.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Divide the dough into two big balls. Flatten one ball of dough and generously sprinkle cheese on one half. Take the other half and place it over the cheese stuffing to make a nice semi circle.
3. Generously brush the herbed butter. Using a knife, gently make some vertical scores (scroll over to second photo).
4. Bake until golden. Mine took 13 minutes.