A few days back, I made a small batch of these cookies for a famished Tara and she loved it so much! Since then, I’ve been making this twice a week. Good thing is there’s no refined sugar 😀.
- 1/2 cup porridge oats
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup milled mixed seeds (you can roast seeds of your choice and blitz them to a powder consistency)
- Handful of raisins
- 1/4 cup maple syrup. You can substitute with honey. 📍No honey for babies under 1.
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Drop of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together and then add the wet ones. Gently mix in together.
- Scoop the mixture into small balls on a baking sheet and slightly flatten them. The cookies will expand on baking so make sure you leave enough space between each one of them.
- Bake until the top is golden. Mine took about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 2 minutes. Using a flat ladle, gently flip the cookies and bake the other side. Be very gentle because the cookies will be soft.
- Bake until golden or for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. You’ll notice it gets harder.