This delicious orzo pasta is loaded with vegetables and cooked in a homemade tomato sauce using fresh tomatoes. The sauce is very simple to make and takes less than 15 minutes to cook. You can also use the sauce for pizza.
🌟Recipe for homemade tomato pasta sauce🌟
1. 6 whole tomatoes
2. 2 cloves of garlic
3. 1 tbsp olive oil
4. 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
5. 1 tbsp tomato purée, optional
1. Pierce tomatoes and microwave in a bowl for 4-5 minutes.
2. Let it cool and remove the skin. Mash the pulp well. You can use the skin but I like the texture without skin.
3. In a pan, heat oil and fry garlic. Add tomatoes, tomato purée, a splash of water and Italian herbs.
4. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and use as a base sauce.
🌟Recipe for Rainbow Orzo pasta 🌟
1. Cook 2 cups of orzo pasta, drain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil a pan and sauté 1 cup of mixed vegetables until cooked. I used spinach, chestnut mushrooms and assorted bell peppers.
3. Add the home made tomato sauce and let it cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add cooked pasta, grated cheese and heat until cheese melts.