I’m a huge fan of classic Mac and cheese but this time I wanted to sneak in some goodness in my daughter’s tummy. This recipe is simple to make, needs very minimal prep and very very nutritious.
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1/2 tub cream cheese
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tender stem broccoli
- 1/4 cup kale
- Few basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs, dried
- Splash of milk
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts for garnish
- 1 tbsp butter to cook
- 1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Cook macaroni as per packet instructions or for 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat butter and fry crushed garlic.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, kale and fresh cracked pepper. Sauté until it’s well cooked.
- Mix in the cream cheese and add some milk. I added 3 tbsp milk because we are more inclined towards not so saucy pasta. Sauté for a minute.
- Add in cooked pasta, salt, basil, garlic powder and dry Italian herbs. Give it a good mix and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with hemp hearts and serve.