Tara’s and Mummy’s breakfast:
1. Saffron and cardamom eggy bread
2. Bananas with chia seeds
3. Strawberries with mini marshmallows
Plus a good book to read !
I guess this is the first time I made proper eggy bread. I usually make it vegan but I had a carton of eggs that my husband bought and didn’t bother to eat. Tara was delighted to see real eggs and broke 3. I don’t eat eggs because I don’t like it and I come from a pretty orthodox family where we are strictly vegetarians, minus the eggs. Since I don’t like eggs, I loaded it up with my favourite flavours.
1. 4 slices of bread, cut in squares
2. 1 large egg, beaten
3. Splash of milk
4. 1 tsp cardamom powder. If you’re using whole cardamom, crush it using a mortar and pestle
5. Pinch of saffron
6. Pinch of nutmeg
7. Butter to cook
1. To a lightly beaten egg, add some milk, saffron, nutmeg and cardamom powder. Mix it well.
2. Dip each piece of bread in the mixture and cook on a hot pan using butter.
3. Serve with fruits.