According to my menu plan for the week, today is toast with jam for breakfast kind of day. I realised that there’s just a spoonful of jam left and that wouldn’t be sufficient for all of us so I made a small batch of this mango jam at 10:30 pm in the night! It turned out to be super delish and the jam is already over. It’s sweet, tangy and healthy because there’s no added sugar or preservatives. I’m sure you’re going to love this recipe.
Making jam at home is healthier and doesn’t take much time if made fresh in small batches. It can be refrigerated for 4-5 days. Did you know that adding a slice of apple to your jam brings it close to store bought one’s consistency? This is because Apple contains natural pectin and naturally makes jam to come to a nice jelly like consistency. There’s a separate process to actually extract pectin from apples, but simply adding a slice of grated apple makes a huge difference! Pear is another fruit that’s naturally a good source of pectin. So next time, add a slice or grated apple to one cup of whatever fruit you’re making jam of and see the difference ❤️
🥭Recipe for Mango Jam🥭
1. 1 cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen
2. 1 tbsp grated apple
3. 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey. 📍No honey for babies under 1.
4. 1/2 tsp lemon juice
5. 1 tbsp chia seeds.
1. In medium heat, cook mango chunks, apple and maple syrup or honey until it comes to a boil and not so runny. I used frozen chunks and took 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds and lemon juice.
3. Let it cool, preferably refrigerated.
4. Spread on toast and enjoy.
1. Stir in some paprika or jalapeños if you like the flavours.
2. Stays good refrigerated for 4-5 days.