Lunch box gifted by Ecozoi. Click on the link to view their eco friendly products! They also a plant a tree for every purchase that you make 😃.
Recipe inspiration: my sister in law, who’s a brilliant cook !
1. 1.5 cups basmati rice soaked in hot water
2. 1 cup chopped mixed veggies: carrot, beans, peas, potatoes, cauliflower
3. 1 onion, sliced
4. 2 cups spinach
5. 1/2 cup mint
6. Butter to cook
7. Dry spices: an inch of cinnamon, 3 cardamom pods, 3 cloves, 2 star anise, 1 tsp fennel
1. In bowl, add spinach, mint and boiling water. Keep aside for 10 minutes. This will cook the spinach as well as retain the bright green colour. Make a paste along with dry spices.
2. Heat butter in a pan. Fry onion and vegetables for 10 minutes.
3. Add the paste and cook for further 5 minutes.
4. Add drained basmati rice and sauté everything together.
5. Add water, just until rice and veggies are covered and cook until done.