I love oven baked pancakes because they are super simple to make and taste slightly cake-ish. Also, they can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months. I’ve always wanted to try peanut butter swirls on a cake and since I’m not planning to bake a cake anytime soon, I tried that with these pancakes.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 1/2 cup sugar, optional
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven at 170 degree Celsius.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, ground flax, sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter, milk and vanilla.
- Mix dry with wet ingredients and whisk well to get rid of any lumps.
- Transfer the batter to a greased baking tin. Add peanut butter in small quantities on top of the batter, each portion at least 2 cm apart.
- Using a knife, swirl the peanut butter gently on the batter. This gives a really nice effect.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.