This is my tiny fussy eater’s the most favourite recipe. So much that I make at least once a week. This goes well with roti, naan, rice or just as it is. Today she had it with quinoa because it’s her “I don’t like rice” week.
- 1.5 cups chopped onion
- 1.5 cups mix veggies. I used carrot, beans, cauliflower, mushroom, peas, green bell pepper and cabbage. You can add or reduce any vegetable of your choice.
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1 cup milk plus more if needed
- 1 tbsp pound ginger
- 1 tbsp pound garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Oil to cook
- Salt to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pods cardamom
- 2-3 cloves
- A small piece of cinnamon
- 1 tsp fennel
- Fresh cream to garnish, optional
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onion, garlic, ginger, cashews, bay leaves, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and fennel with some salt and turmeric.
- Once cooked, grind it to a smooth paste using milk.
- Steam the veggies in microwave or in a pan. Drain and keep aside.
- Cook the paste in a pan for 5 minutes. Add the veggies. Cook for 5-10 minutes. The gravy has to come to a boil. Add milk to loosen the gravy to your desired consistency. You can avoid milk and use water instead, but milk gives a more richer gravy and slightly better taste. You can also use unsweetened almond milk/coconut milk.
- Remove from heat and add fresh cream.
- Serve with rice/naan/quinoa/roti.