When I was randomly watching cooking recipes on the Internet, I came across scallion pancakes. They looked so delicious. I just made an Indian version of it using whole wheat flour.
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Water to knead dough
- Salt to taste
- Paprika to taste
- 1/4 finely chopped spring onion
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- Oil or ghee to shallow fry
- Pinch of turmeric
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, salt, paprika, carom seeds and turmeric. Mix water and knead to make a smooth non sticky dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes. Divide the dough into balls.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each ball. Sprinkle some chopped spring onion. Make it like a round parcel, bringing the ends together.
- Flatten the ball again.
- Shallow fry in oil or ghee and serve hot.