I had masala roti for the first time in Pune and absolutely loved it. I used to buy it from a local store but later realised that it’s made using a lot of oil, so started making my own healthy low oil version.
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh fenugreek leaves or 3 tbsp Kasoori methi/dried fenugreek
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp pound ginger and garlic
- Water to knead dough
- Butter or oil to shallow fry
- Mix all of the above ingredients except butter or oil and make a soft non sticky dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into balls. Flatten each ball wit a rolling pin on a flat floured surface.
- Shallow fry and serve with yoghurt raita or as it is.