Thank god my daughter likes mushrooms on some days! Mushroom tikka is super simple to make using very little ingredients.
I have a huge spice and masala rack because by now it’s established that Tara loves food with lots of favours. One of the spice powders that I use quite often is Tandoori Curry Powder from Tesco. It doesn’t contain much chilli and perfect for making tikkas and adding to roast veggies.
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1-2 tsp Tandoori curry powder
- Lemon to squeeze, optional
- Kebab sticks
- In a bowl, whisk curry powder and yoghurt.
- Add cleaned mushrooms and gently mix to coat them well with yogurt and curry powder.
- Let it marinate for an hour in the refrigerator.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes. Note that time may vary depending on the oven so keep a watch.
- Once cooled, arrange in a kebab stick. Squeeze some lemon and serve.