My mother used to make jaggery dosa for Tara since she was 9 months old and she loves it. It stays soft and fresh for a couple of hours so we usually carry it for picnics.
- 1/3 cup jaggery, grated or in small pieces
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- 3/4 cup hot water (add more if needed)
- Pinch of salt
- Butter or oil to cook
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom, optional
- In a bowl, mix together hot water and jaggery. Jaggery has to dissolve and impurities if any have to be removed with a strainer.
- To the jaggery water, add all the ingredients except butter or oil. Whisk well to make a smooth pourable batter. If batter is too thick, add little bit of water. If too runny, add some wheat flour.
- Cook in a hot griddle using butter or oil.
- Serve hot.