I have never heard of anyone making asparagus and spinach pakoras. It’s raining continuously and I couldn’t think of a better evening snack. I didn’t have onions at home so made these pakoras and they came out pretty well.
- 8 asparagus
- Handful of spinach, roughly torn
- 3/4 cup gram flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp carom seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp or more chilli powder
- Oil to deep fry
- Wash asparagus and trim off the edges. Use 3/4 of asparagus and the remaining 1/4 can be saved for usage in vegetable stocks. If the asparagus is too thick, you can even slice them. Cut them into desired size. I chopped them into 4 pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Meanwhile mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add a tbsp of oil and 1/3 cup of water slowly and mix well. The mixture should be such that when you take a spoon full and press, it should be tight and not too moist.
- Fry it in small batches in hot oil and serve warm with yoghurt and lemon slices.