I had this curry for the first time from a friend’s lunch box. I don’t know how her help made it but I have my own version.
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced green capsicum
- Salt to taste
- Paprika to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Oil to cook
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions until slightly golden.
- Add cleaned mushrooms. When mushrooms are half done, add the spice powders and salt.
- When the mushrooms are almost cooked, add capsicum and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Adding capsicum in the end will result in capsicum retaining its crunch and the curry not becoming soggy.
- Serve with chapatis or rice.