I make a fresh batch of nuts butter very often. I’m pretty much against using store bought spreads or nuts butter for my daughter because they almost always contain palm oil and refined sugars.
Trust me ! Once you make nuts butter by yourself, you’ll stop buying it from stores.
I make different kind of nuts butter. Sometimes it’s a mix of lots of nuts or just a single nut. Feel free to use any nuts that you have. But one good point is to roast each variety of nut individually because the rate at which they roast varies.
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts
- 1/2 almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- A tbsp of honey or coconut oil, optional
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- On a medium flame, roast each kind of nut until they turn turn slightly brown and fragrant. If using hazelnuts, remember to remove the skin after roasting.
- Once the nuts cool down, mix all of them and grind them in a mixer along with cocoa powder until the nuts start to release their oil and you see a smooth store bought butter type consistency. This will take quite some time. I took good 10-15 minutes.
- You can add a tbsp or two of honey or coconut oil to bring at all together.
- Once done, add chia seeds store in a glass jar. It stays good for a month.
Note: If you don’t add cocoa powder and chia seeds and make a plain nuts butter, you can also add it in gravies for extra richness.