My daughter initially hated green bell pepper. I made peace with the fact that okay it’s a vegetable she doesn’t like and she will eat it one fine day. Never thought that “one fine day” would come so soon.
Last month I made this curry for some friends who came home for lunch. She loved it so much that she had this as a meal with some yoghurt.
This curry goes well with yoghurt/rice/flatbreads.
- 2 large green bell pepper, thinly chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- Paprika to taste
- 4 tbsp gram flour*
*Gram flour is available in supermarkets like Tesco and Asda in World foods section, Indian aisle.
- In a pan, add cumin and onions and cook until done.
- Add salt, paprika, turmeric and green bell pepper and cook until the pepper is soft but crunchy.
- Once bell pepper is done, add gram flour and mix well. Sauté for another 5 minutes so that the raw smell from gram flour goes away.
- Serve with raitha or rice.