I love flatbreads. Thankfully my daughter equally loves them. I usually make spicy rotis and have with raitha or just make plain rotis and a spicy curry to go with it.
Today, my Mum and I made spinach rotis for all of us and had it with raitha because it’s very hot outside.
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A small piece of ginger
- A green chilli
- A small onion
- 1 tsp Carom seeds, optional
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- Water to make dough
- Butter or oil to shallow fry
- Blend together spinach, garlic, ginger, onion, green chilli into a smooth paste.
- Add this paste, carom seeds and some water to wheat flour to make a non-sticky pliable dough. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into balls.
- Using a rolling pin over floured surface, flatten the balls to make thin flatbreads. When serving for kids, you can use fun cookie cutters and make shapes too.
- Shallow fry using butter or oil and serve hot.