Sometimes I’m this parent who hides healthy stuff that my daughter doesn’t like in her everyday foods. Today I hid half an avocado in her waffle and trust me, after she finished her plate, I gave myself a pat on my shoulder and felt so happy !
I had an avocado that my lying in my fridge and since she didn’t have her lunch properly, I thought… why not hide the avocado and make something healthy-ish for evening snack! After all, avocado is full of healthy fats!
- 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp milk (adjust milk according to the consistency you prefer).
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Butter to cook waffles
- Beat an egg and add milk.
- Add the flours, baking powder, salt, vanilla and mashed avocado and whisk it all well to get a smooth batter.
- Grease the waffle pan with butter and add this mix. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, hemp hearts and apple bunnies.